15th May 2020
We sincerely hope that all our Mini Minors and XUK families and staff are safe and well during this difficult time.
We wanted to do our best to give you an update on our London day camps. Although they are still over two months away, we are clearly facing a great deal of uncertainty because of the ongoing COVID-19 virus.
Currently, we are planning and preparing for the day camps to be open and are still taking bookings. We have our staff team largely in place, plenty of children booked and we very much hope to run the camps.
Having said this, we are fully aware that things are changing constantly and there is the possibility that a time will come when we need to cancel the camps. We hope we will have enough information to make a final decision whether the camps will be running by the end of June. Primary Schools are due to return in some form at the beginning of June and the Governments’ current intention is for all primary school children to have returned to school by the beginning of July. If this does materialise then we are very hopeful we will be able to run.
Of course we will have to make some adjustments to our normal program to comply with any restrictions that may be in place at the time. These have not yet been fully announced by the Government for childcare settings and the extent of them may determine whether it is feasible for us to run the camp.
Should we eventually need to cancel, we will of course offer all families the option of either a credit note for next year or a full refund.
Very best wishes for the next few weeks,
Nick & Richard Bernstein and the Mini Minors / XUK Team
1st May 2020
After several weeks of discussion, we are bitterly disappointed to let you know that we have had to cancel our 2020 residential summer camps.
Unfortunately, we have no alternative and must continue to follow government guidelines to be part of this worldwide effort to stop the impact and spread of Coronavirus.
We have tried to keep abreast of any guidance issued by the UK Government and National Health Service but it is impossible to predict what the situation might be in July and August. At present it would not be legal for us to run a camp or for our schools to allow us to run. There is no clarity over the feasibility of international travel or the nature of social distancing rules that are likely to be in place. Furthermore, bearing in mind the international nature of our camps, any cases of Covid-19 at camp would pose significant risks for all children attending and their families.
For those that have booked, we will do everything we can to make the refund process as easy and stress free as possible. We are offering two options
Most importantly we hope that all of you and your families stay safe and healthy.
If you have any questions at all, please do contact us.
Very best wishes for the next few weeks / months
Nick & Richard Bernstein and the XUK Team